WEBINAR ON: CHANGING PRIORITIES IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
This webinar will focus on the impact of the current COVID-19 pandemic on capital markets oversight, and how this crisis affecting priorities of regulators, stock exchanges, and international financial organizations. In addition, the webinar will discuss the following issues:
- The microeconomic impact of COVID-19 on the world economies with special focus on the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA).
- The role of the market regulators and stock exchanges in the time of crisis.
- The importance of having timely and high quality information and reporting about the crisis impact on operations and financial stands.
- Impact of COVID-19 on market infrastructure and operation continuity and functioning of the markets.
- Industry cyber efforts during the pandemic.
- Impact of market regulators measures (marker halt, short selling bans, circuit breaker).
- Why corporate governance is more important at the time of current pandemic crisis.